Microsoft announced that Surface with Windows 8 Pro will available in January 2013 in two versions: 64GB at $899 and 128GB at $999. It’s obvious that we will need the more expensive one…
The good news now:
- The new Surface Pro will include a Surface pen with Palm Block technology that prevents your handwriting from getting interrupted if you accidently place your palm on the screen as you write.
- As with the RT version Touch Covers and Type Covers will be sold separately.
- Dark Titanium VaporMg casing.
- Dual 2×2 MIMO antennas.
- Intel’s third generation Core i5 processor.
- 10.6” 16:9 ClearType display at 1920×1080 full HD resolution.
- A full-size USB 3.0 port.
- A mini DisplayPort can drive an external display up to 2560X1440 resolution.
- Surface Pro will run all current Windows 7 desktop applications plus the
metroModern UI apps.
- Less than two pounds and less than 14 millimeters thick.
The only drawback till now seems to be the battery life which, according to a twitter post and some calculations based on Surface RT, will be about 4 hours. We have to wait until January to find out if this is true. If it is so, then its usability is less than expected. We want it thin, but we also want it to run for a day…