A few facts from the latest Microsoft’s shareholder meeting. Things are probably different than presented by part of the media industry (and the stock brokers who control the information)…
- In the first month of availability, 40 million Windows 8 licenses were sold.
- Windows Phone 8 is available for a few weeks with only a couple of devices in some markets and is selling 4 times more phones than last year.
- Xbox sold more than 750,000 consoles in US during the Black Friday sales while there was a major launch by Wii U.
- Several Windows 8 “metro” apps have passed the 1 million downloads mark.
- There are already 1,500 certified Windows 8 PCs – most of them haven’t reached the market yet.
- Windows Phone Store has more than 120,000 apps, and soon 46 of the top 50 apps that people use will be available. I think it’s enough to start with…
- Halo 4: record setting $220 million opening!
- Outlook.com has reached 25 million active users in less than four months since its availability.